Thursday 26 August 2010

August 26th

Not much opportunity for gardening during the week, but I did harvest a few things this evening, so I have taken a few arty photos of them, posed on some more of our nice plates...

Here are some of the chillis that I wrote about yesterday.

Chillis arranged (appropriately) on a bowl from Jaipur in Rajasthan

Next, some fine specimens of Runner Beans. These are the variety St.George. They are photographed on a serving plate which is one of the few remnants of a Dinner Service by Susie Cooper, which I inherited from my parents. We have three such serving plates, of different sizes. This is the middle one. The biggest one is a huge plate, capable of accommodating a whole turkey.


Runner Bean St.George

Finally, a quartet of Black Cherry tomatoes, lined up in true military style on a chutney dish sporting the emblem of the 7th Gurkha Rifles (the regiment to which I belonged when I was in the Army, many years ago).

Black Cherry tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.