Sunday 7 November 2010

Mallards

A couple of weeks ago I photographed a fine Mallard drake swimming in the Basingstoke Canal, just near where I live.



One of my blogging friends, Egretta Wells of Florida, USA, whose blog is http://egrettawells.blogspot.com/ saw the photo on my blog and asked me for permission to recreate it as a painting in her own very distinctive style. Of course I agreed, and she has now completed her painting -- a 10" x 8" acrylic on stretched canvas.She called it "Majestic Mallard".



I think you will agree that she has captured very accurately the essence of my photo and of the beautiful bird. I love the way she has reproduced the swirls in the water. If you like this picture, you should visit her blog and take a look at some of Egretta's other work. She is a very prolific artist and creates a new painting every couple of days I think!

Egretta also has another blog http://tengablescottage.blogspot.com/ in which she writes about food and craft. Go have a look!

4 comments:

  1. Very very nice. I wish I could paint that well. We have been trying to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed when I see well painted water....and glass. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting, well captured indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, thank you for posting my painting and for allowing me to use your brilliant photograph.!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.